This event is recognized by the Department of Education as in-service teacher training.
Auditorium: 312 places / Spaces will be filled in order of registration.
Click to access the CosmoCaixa website to purchase tickets:
(Simultaneous translation Catalan, Spanish, English)
The conference ticket includes (Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon and Saturday morning)
• General Public: 70 €
• Conference 70 € (Teachers & CaixaBank Clients): 35€ (Promo code for teachers STEAMPROF18).
* The entrance to the conference does NOT include entrance to the workshops. In the workshops there is no simultaneous translation, each workshop will be in the language taught by the teacher.
In order to be able to attend the EdCamp STEAMConf session, it is necessary to reserve a spot. Register
• Workshops (Friday morning): 25€ euros each workshop (Teachers and CaixaBank Clients 12.50€).
• Teachers & CaixaBank Clients: 12.5€ cada taller (Codi promocional professors STEAMPROF18).
In the workshops there is no simultaneous translation, each workshop will be in the language taught by the teacher.
To access the promotional price of teachers, you must enter the code STEAMPROF1718 to your online purchase.
Teachers interested in receiving credits must sign the attendance sheet every day.* LUNCH (Friday): exclusive for those attending the two activities (workshops + conferences).
(Simultaneous translation catalan, spanish, english)
A privileged place for science
The building’s history started more than a century ago, in 1904, when the architect Josep Domènech i Estapà used the Modernista style of the time to construct the Amparo de Santa Lucía institution, in operation for 75 years.
In 1979 the “la Caixa” Foundation commissioned the architects Jordi Garcés and Enric Sòria to remodel and enlarge the building to house the Science Museum, becoming Spain’s first interactive museum dealing with scientific themes. The subsequent refurbishment to transform the museum into CosmoCaixa was designed by the architects Robert and Esteve Terradas and the new centre opened its doors on the 25th of September 2004.
Care was taken during the remodelling to conserve and restore the walls of the old Modernista building with its brick finish, considerably enlarging the old facility and adding modern touches of glass and steel. On a site covering more than 50,000 square metres and with a floor area of 30,000 square metres, the current venue occupies four times more space than the first Science Museum. This new facility includes nine floors, six of them underground but with natural light, as well as a large public plaza offering views of the city.
C / Isaac Newton, 26 (Ronda de Dalt)
+34 902 22 30 40 93 212 60 50 (call center CosmoCaixa)
• By road: Exits 6 and 7 on Ronda de Dalt
• Bus: www.tmb.cat (Nos. 17, 22, 58, 73, 75, 60, 196)
• Tramvia Blau: www.tramvia.org (Avinguda del Tibidabo)
• Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat: • www.fgc.es (Tibidabo Avenue)
• Parking: Special price for Steam participants (1 €/h). Make sure you show your STEAMConf ticket.